Scholarship InformationContinuing Medical Education Scholarship Opportunities for Nurses
WMREF provides limited scholarships for qualified applicants. Funding is provided through a number of endowed funds and other sources. Applicants must be a resident of Kansas and employed as a part-time or full-time Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Scholarship awards are for a maximum of $600.
Applications must be submitted by the15th of each month. Scholarships are awarded, if approved, the last week day the month. Award checks are processed the last business day of the month. Applicants should apply far enough in advance (at least 6 weeks before the conference date) to allow the approval and awarding process sufficient time. Application.
Please be mindful of the following requirements:
1) Applications must be received in the WMREF office by the deadline noted above.
2) A copy of the conference brochure must accompany the application.
3) Applications are accepted for continuing education only. Certification classes are eligible for funding however the cost related to the examination are not allowed.
4) Conferences must offer continuing medical education credit.
5) Conferences must relate to direct patient care*.
6) Applicants will be notified of their award by email.
7) Scholarship awards are for a maximum of $600 and one per person per year.
8) WMREF will not award more than 2 scholarships per institution per conference.
9) Only one scholarship award per person in a 12 month period.
10) Travel is for actual costs such as airfare and gas.
11) Virtual and online continuing education offerings are subject to the same criteria as in person offerings.
*Direct patient care is defined as care of a patient provided personally by a staff member. Direct patient care may involve any aspects of the care of a patient including treatments, counseling, self-care, patient education and the dispensing of medicine.
Medical Research is not a solitary endeavor. Your gift of: membership dues, endowment gifts; memorials; bequests provides many opportunities for us to gain knowledge to improve the chances for all of us to live longer, happier, healthier lives.
Contact Peggy L Johnson, Executive Director, 316-686-7172.