Wichita Medical Research & Education Foundation
3306 East Central
Wichita, Kansas 67208
Questions about the WMREF Institutional Review Board
Contact Terri Jones, IRB Director for questions concerning study design, IRB submission and HIPAA questions such as:
• What is the Scientific Review Committee (SRC)?
• What research studies must be reviewed by the Scientific Review Committee before undergoing IRB review?
• Who do I contact if I need help developing a research project?
• Is there a way to have my project "previewed" before final submission?
• How do I find out more about the IRB?
• Who do I contact if I think my proposal qualifies for expedited review and would like to check for the feasibility of this?
• Who do I contact if I think my proposal qualifies for exempt status from full IRB review?
• Who do I contact with questions about HIPAA and the Privacy Rule as they relate to Research?
• What are the presentation requirements for investigators with new proposals being reviewed at the Scientific Review Committee and/or IRB?
• What are my rights as a participant in medical research?
For other questions:
• Who do I contact to check on submission and meeting dates?
Contact: Joy Miller, Research Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Do I qualify for a continuing medical education grant or scholarship?
Contact: Teresa Carter, CFO, email@example.com
Contact Peggy Johnson, Executive Director for all other questions.
• Does my research project qualify for a WMREF grant?
• I'd like more information concerning WMREF funding for my project.
• Does WMREF accept memorial and/or honorary donations?